Adaptic Gauze is a primary dressing made of knitted cellulose acetate fabric and impregnated with a specially formulated petrolatum emulsion. It is designed to help protect the wound while preventing the dressing from adhering to the wound and to minimize pain and trauma upon removal. It can be cut to wound size without unraveling or shredding.
Adaptic Gauze Features:
- Adaptic Gauze helps prevent dressing adherence.
- Helps protect regenerating tissue and minimize patient pain at dressing changes.
- Helps prevent the pooling of fluid at the wound site.
- Exudate easily passes through to the secondary absorbent dressing.
- Protects the fragile tissue in wounds by its unique structure with small mesh size.
- Mesh allows for exudates to easily pass through to the secondary dressing used, preventing maceration of the wound surface.
- Less Stick, Less Pain
- Prevent dressing adherence
- Helps protect regenerating tissue and minimize patient pain at dressing changes
- Helps prevent the pooling of fluid at the wound site
- 3″ x 3″ , 50/bx
Specific indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions and safety information exist for KCI products and therapies. Healthcare providers should review the product User Manual, Safety Information and/or Instructions for Use prior to application.
- To prevent potential adherence of silicone to gloves, gloves may be moistened with a sterile solution to facilitate handling.
- The wound should be inspected for signs of infection according to clinical practice.
Adaptic Guazeis not indicated for:
- Patients with a known sensitivity to silicone or cellulose acetate fabric.
- Surgical implantation.
Is there an Adaptic Gauze 3×8 size dressing?
They carry most sizes.
What is in the dressing? It does not say on the box other than special formulation. I like to know what I am putting on a wound.
The non-adhering Adaptic Guaze is a primary dressing made of knitted cellulose acetate fabric and impregnated with a specially petrolatum emulsion. It protects the wound and prevents the dressing from adhering to the wound. When a personget a skin tear they have to make sure to have the skin in position, cover with Adaptic Guaze, then non stick gauze and paper tape. It comes off easily and lets blood pass through to the gauze. They can be cut to size of wound. Makes healing easier and neater. No odors involved.
For more information related to any medical equipment check ProRemarks. It is a website that has authentic information.